Expert Witness Services in Real Estate
The real estate legal counsel at Canterbury Law Group have vast experience dealing with multi-millions in investment capital throughout the western United States. With years of successful experience handling complex real property acquisition and entitlements, we are sometimes called upon to provide expert testimony and consultation services for those involved in real estate litigation and arbitration matters nationally, with an emphasis in Arizona, California and Nevada real estate. The firm has testified in various forums as a testifying expert in fiduciary standards of care that relate to real estate managers’ fiduciary duty and operating protocol when executing a real estate business plan or pooled investment scheme.
Experience in Multifaceted Real Estate Matters:
- Counseled developers and management companies in negotiating and documenting real estate financing, leasing and loans
- Negotiated the buying and selling of residential and commercial real estate property throughout the United States
- Represented residential and commercial real estate and mortgage brokerage companies
- Consulted on and documented exchanges for investment groups
- Advised, negotiated and documented construction contracts and architectural contracts
- Aided with the drafting of Private Placement Memoranda for private equity capital raising and the underlying investor placement documents
The team at Phoenix-based Canterbury Law has served as expert witnesses on residential real estate and development matters including:
- Disclosure – Including square footage, renovation plans, neighborhood noise, inspection, mold and dual agency issues.
- Permits – Including noncompliance, failed inspections and violations of provisions.
- Standards of care – Including due diligence, supervision, escrow and title insurance practices.
- Fiduciary duty – Including conflicts of interest, dual agency, failure to perform, broker breach of duty, real estate ethics and real estate agent obligations.
- Real Estate Documentation and Interpretation Issues – Including interpretation of language in forms and documentation, compliance with permits, interpretation of provisions, reasonableness of landlord’s refusal to consent to assignment, interpretation of Residential Purchase Agreement regarding right to cancel, interpretation of Notice to Perform, interpretation and appropriate language for legal briefs, agents duties in real estate transactions and conflicts of licensing law in interstate transactions.
As authorities in real estate law, Canterbury Law Group in Phoenix was formed to provide no-nonsense legal counsel for cases in the multifaceted real estate industry. Our attention, experience and sophistication allows for innovative resolutions that have a positive impact on clients.
When you choose Scottsdale-based Canterbury Law Group as your legal advisors, be confident in your selection. We limit the number and type of cases we undertake so clients receive our full attention. Our team also works closely on all of our matters, bringing a unique mix of expertise to all of our practice areas.
Most importantly, Canterbury Law Group solves problems and helps navigate you toward success and helps you reach your goals. Our lawyers are dealmakers, not deal breakers, and we will do everything in our power to deliver our legal services on time, so you can get back to your life.